Senior Data Scientist
Tasman helps companies set up world-class analytics systems, enabling them to solve problems that previously were intractable and identify opportunities that previously were not visible.
As a senior member of the Tasman team, you will:
- Work with our clients to develop and execute their data strategy;
- Work on sophisticated data problems with a key focus on solving our clients’ business problems, like
- Develop, test, and productionise data models (written in SQL or Spark, run via dbt, Dataform, or an alternative);
- Design experiments to measure the impact of updated campaigns, features, or content;
- Analyse the data generated by experiments and present results to business stakeholders;
- Discover insights and identify new business opportunities through the use of inferential statistics or machine learning techniques;
- Use the power of visualisation techniques for data storytelling;
- Use inferential tools like driver analysis that leverage historical data to predict decisions that improve business efficiency (like conversions, customer retention);
- Match users to products & experiences to deliver relevant, personalised content. That improves the marketing efficacy of the business by leveraging customer similarities, developing customer segments, and recommendation engines;
- Help us build a privacy-conscious analytics infrastructure using state-of-the-art paradigms like differential privacy.
- Mentor and coach data analysts and data scientists;
- Write for our blog and present at conferences on how we approach analytics and data science (building both your and our profile in the industry).
As you develop, you will also have the opportunity to:
- Lead a team of data analysts, data scientists and data engineers in executing client strategy;
- Build data products that help us more efficiently deliver client services, but can also be used as standalone software;
- Develop your technical understanding of data science tools, using a ‘best tool for the job’ methodology;
- Lead data strategy development for our clients. This is a crucial part of the services we offer.
You will learn to:
- Deliver sophisticated analytics projects with real business impact for a wide range of companies;
- Translate strategic business needs into specific technical tasks;
- Function in an agile environment where process is an important part of project delivery.
- You have at least three years of experience in data analysis and data science with commercial application;
- You know how businesses operate and you will have used data science in the past to improve decision making;
- You are self-motivated and prefer to learn by doing, failing, and trying again
- You are a clear thinker who is comfortable explaining her or his thinking, discussing and challenging different approaches, and working collaboratively and creatively to identify new approaches;
- You have proven that you are a great communicator who is able to work directly with data analysts, data scientists, engineers, product managers, marketers, and management — being able to communicate with clarity and precision, and being responsive to feedback, is as important as your technical ability
- You have very strong technical skills. You need to be proficient at performing data analysis in spreadsheets or any kind of programmatic analysis tool (we are heavy users of python);
- You have a high level of SQL proficiency;
- You have a can-do attitude to learning new skills and new tools in the data science landscape. Not only do we have to keep abreast of the state-of-the-art, we also have to adapt to clients’ toolset;
- You have a mature attitude to security, documentation and process. Our clients trust us with their data. This is a huge responsibility and informs everything we do;
- You are able and willing to travel for work (up to 25%);
- You are comfortable working in a remote work environment. Our team is based in Amsterdam, London, and Seattle but we are open to candidates who live in other European cities as we are looking to build a distributed team.
As a plus, you would have:
- A strong engineering mindset, which helps us to build quality control and process into our analytics projects;
- Experience in using event analytics, and an understanding of its powers;
- Proven experience in working with non-technical business leaders.
We are not interested in working with recruiters or recruitment agencies. At this stage, regrettably we are also not able to offer visa sponsorships.
You'll get to work with an experienced team, all of whom have a deep insight in how data science can transform businesses. Coaching and mentoring is an important part of the road to success for us. You'll also get:
- A competitive package with share options;
- 25 days holidays (on top of public holidays);
- Flexible working environment (permanent location to be agreed with line manager);
- A latest generation MacBook Pro;
- A budget for home office.